Area of Research in Entomology
Lines of Research in Entomology:
Line 1. Biology, ecology and management of plague insects and mites
- Diversity integrated management of mites in annual and perennial crops;
- Ecology of agriculturally important insects in southern Brazil and Uruguay;
- Management of integrated plague insects in annuals crops and fruit trees in southern Brazil;
- Technologies to the integrated management of plagues of the vine and of the orcharding of clime temperature.
Line 2. Control and resistance of arthropods to insecticides
- Bioecologia and the susceptibility of cultural plague to chemistry insecticides and biological with emphasis on Management Resistance to Insects (MRI);
- Resistance of arthropods plants and insecticides plants.
Line 3. Biologic control of plagues and selectivity of pesticides the natural enemy
- Bioecologia and biological control of plague insects in fruit trees on temperate climate;
- Selectivity of pesticides used on annuals and perennials crops to predators and parasitoids;
Line 4. Molecular biology of insects
- Cell biotechnology applied to a prospect of biomolecules having targets like the nuclear receptors of the insects.
Area of Research in Plant Pathology
Lines of Research in Plant Pathology:
Line 1. Biology, ecology and physiology of nematodes, fungus and bacteria phytopathogenic and vírus
- Description, fungus phytopathogenic control associated to annual and perennial cultures;
- Isolation and selection of the bacterias to the control of disease and promotion of vegetal growth;
- Survey and description of the phytopathogenic virus in annual and perennial cultures.
Line 2. Molecular biology and plant-pathogen Interaction
- Control of plants disease: Molecular biology and physiology of plant-pathogen Interaction.
Line 3. Integrated control of nematodes, fungus, bacteria and virus
- Integrated management of disease in annuals cultures and fruit trees of temperate climate;
- Meloidoginoses in the culture of soy in the states of Rio Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina;
- Lifting of specimens and associated damages;
- Transmitted pathogens by seeds: Description, methods of detection and control.
Area of Research in Weed Science
Lines of Research in Weed Science:
Line 1: Ecofisiologia and management of weed plants
- Ecofisiologia and integrated management of weed plants in agricultural crops;
- Sustainable/Alternatives management to control of weed plants;
- Management of weed plants in native pastures and cultures in the south of Brazil.
Line 2: Physiological action of herbicide and resistance of plants to herbicides
- Physiology herbicides actions: Action mode, selectivity and plant dynamics;
- Characterization of weed plants resistant to herbicides in lowlands;
- Identification, characterization and management of weed plants resistant to herbicides in agricultural crops of dryland.
Line 3: Herbology and environment: Dynamics of herbicides and changes climetic
- Dynamics of herbicides in the productive environment;
- Impact of climatic changes in weed science.
Line 4: Technology and innovation in herbology
- Development of herbicides formulations;
- Agriculture 4.0;
- Selection and edition of the genes;
- Technology of herbicides applications.